Mission News uses Featured Images to display a primary image for each Post and Page. Featured Images used for Posts will also display on the Blog and all archive pages.
To add a Featured Image to a Post or Page:
- Visit the Posts menu
- Locate and click on the Post you want to add a Featured Image to
- Scroll down the page until you see the Featured Image box on the right side of the screen
- Click the Set Featured Image link
- Use the media manager to upload a new image or select an existing image, and click the Set featured image button
- Scroll up the page and click the Update button to save your Featured Image
The Featured Image will now display on the Post/Page. For Post's it will also display on the Blog and archive pages.
What is the ideal size for a Featured Image?
Because Mission News is responsive the size of the image will depend on the device used to access your site.
For example, if someone visits your site on a mobile device, the Featured Image may be 400px wide. However, on a laptop it may be much wider.
While the exact size depends on the device, Featured Images will show at a maximum of 569px wide in regular posts. The Featured image will use its natural height on post pages and if it's the first post on the blog. For every other place a Featured Image appears, such as in the "Double" layout or in the Recent Posts Extended plugin, it will have a 2:1 ratio (e.g. 300px by 150px).
Featured Images in posts using the no sidebar, left sidebar, or right sidebar templates have a maximum width of 888px.
Note: if your image is too tall or too wide to fit in the 2:1 space, it will simply be cropped and centered.