Challenger uses Featured Images to display a primary image for each Post and Page. Featured Images used for Posts will also display on the Blog and all archive pages.
To add a Featured Image to a Post or Page:
- Visit the Posts menu
- Locate and click on the Post you want to add a Featured Image to
- Scroll down the page until you see the Featured Image box on the right side of the screen
- Click the Set Featured Image link
- Use the media manager to upload a new image or select an existing image, and click the Set featured image button
- Scroll up the page and click the Update button to save your Featured Image
The Featured Image will now display on the Post/Page. For Post's it will also display on the Blog and archive pages.
What is the ideal size for a Featured Image?
You can change the size of Featured Images in the Challenger theme too.
Because Challenger is responsive the size of the image will depend on the device used to access your site.
For example, if someone visits your site on a mobile device, the Featured Image may be 400px wide. However, on a laptop it may be much wider.
While the exact size depends on the device, Featured Images in Challenger always maintain a 2.5:1 ratio. This means that an image that is 1,200px by 480px will display uncropped at all screen sizes.
1,200px by 480px is a good size to use since it will suit the vast majority of screens used to access your site.
Note: if your image is too tall or too wide to fit in the 2.5:1 space, it will simply be cropped and centered.