Apex uses Featured Images to display a primary image for each Post and Page. Featured Images used for Posts will also display on the Blog and all archive pages.
To add a Featured Image to a Post or Page:
- Visit the Posts menu
- Locate and click on the Post you want to add a Featured Image to
- Scroll down the page until you see the Featured Image box on the right side of the screen
- Click the Set Featured Image link
- Use the media manager to upload a new image or select an existing image, and click the Set featured image button
- Scroll up the page and click the Update button to save your Featured Image
The Featured Image will now display on the Post/Page. For Post's it will also display on the Blog and archive pages.
What is the ideal size for a Featured Image?
Because Apex is responsive the size of the image will depend on the device used to access your site.
For example, if someone visits your site on a mobile device, the Featured Image may be 400px wide. However, on a laptop it may be much wider.
While the exact size depends on the device, Featured Images in Apex always maintain a 2:1 ratio. This means that an image that is 1,200px by 600px will display uncropped at all screen sizes.
1,200px by 600px is a good size to use since it will suit the vast majority of screens used to access your site.
Note: if your image is too tall or too wide to fit in the 2:1 space, it will simply be cropped and centered.