With Shift Pro you can add a header image to the top of your site.
In this article
How to Add a Header Image
To add a header image:
- Visit the Customizer (Appearance → Customize)
- Click on the Header Image section
- Click the Select Image button
- Use the media manager to upload a new image or select an existing image, and click the Choose Image button
- Click the Save & Publish button to save your header image
How to Customize Your Header Image
There are four controls for customizing the appearance and functionality of your header image.
Responsive VS Fixed Height
If you want your header image to be shorter on mobile devices, and taller on desktops, select the Responsive option.
If you want your header image to be the same height on all devices used to view your site, select the Fixed height option
Adjust the Height
You can increase/decrease the height of the header image with the height slider.
Slide it to the left to decrease the height of the header image, and to the right to increase the height:
Link to Homepage
You can link the header image to your homepage with the Link Header Image to homepage? option:
Note: linking the header image simply means visitors can click on it to return to your homepage.
Show on the homepage only
If you want a header image, but you only want to show it on the homepage, you can do this with the Show Header Image on homepage only? option: